Intermediate levels (B 1,2, 3) can expect to become skilled communicators in their new language, and will be able to:
• Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
• Deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
• Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
• Produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
• Students will be able to understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
• Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity with a native speaker.
• Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.