Language Door d has provided classes in dozens of languages to students from all over the Seal Beach area. Our focus is on small group classes to maximize the interaction between students and teachers. We also offer private lessons, translations, interpreting services, and corporate classes.
Interesting Facts About the Hindi Language
- In Hindi, unlike in European languages, words are written as they are pronounced because each character has a different sound.
- Hindi doesn’t have articles (words for ‘the’ or ‘a’).
- Sentence structure is different from English. Verbs always go to the end of sentences in Hindi.
- Hindi became the official language of the Union of India in 1950.
- Hindi got its name from the Persian word Hind, meaning “Land of the Indus River”, today of which mostly flows through Pakistan 93%, Tibet 2% and Northern India 5%.
Learn to Speak Hindi with Language Door Today!
Language Door’s expert teachers offer instruction for students of all ages. We keep our tuition prices low but offer quality instruction in a pleasant environment. We keep the class size small to maximize the interaction between students and teachers. Our teachers are native speakers and offer the hands on training that will enhance your learning experience.
* Now Accepting Enrollment for Fall I Classes
Where Is Hindi Spoken?
Spoken by almost 500 million people, making it the 2nd, 3rd or 4th most worldwide depending on the specific consensus. Hindi, or more precisely Modern Standard Hindi, is a standardised and Sanskritised register of the Hindustani language. Hindi is an Indo-Aryan language with about 487 million speakers. It is one of the official languages of India and is the main language used in the northern states of Rajasthan, Delhi, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand and Bihar, and is spoken in much of north and central India alongside other languages such as Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi or Bengali. In other parts of India, as well as in Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan, Hindi is understood. In Fiji people of Indian origin speak Hindi, and in some areas the Fijian people also speak it. Hindi is closely related to Urdu, the main language of Pakistan, which is written with Arabic script.
About the Hindi Language
Hindi belongs to the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-European family of languages. Hindi is a direct descendant of Sanskrit through Prakrit and Apabhramsha. It has been influenced and enriched by Dravidian, Turkish, Farsi, Arabic, Portugese and English. It is a very expressive language. In poetry and songs, it can convey emotions using simple and gentle words. It can also be used for exact and rational reasoning.